Please explore our site.
We would welcome comments or feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Strathbogie Shire Council (SSC) as the declared waterway manager for Lake Nagambie, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by Lions Club of Nagambie and District Inc, persons and vessels involved in the 2021 Lions Nagambie on Water Festival are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
3. Clause 3(b) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure in or on the water
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010 / Marine Act 1988
4. Clause 91.10(a) of Schedule 91 – 5 knot speed restriction area - Buckley Park to River St, Nagambie
5. Clause 91.12(b) of Schedule 91 – Area prohibited to vessels at Jacobsons Outlet
6. Clause 91.14 of Schedule 91 – Exclusive Use & Special Purpose Area for un-powered vessels (rowing course area)
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from 2 to 5 in the above list for the duration of the event.
Masters of rescue and support vessels are only exempt from 5 and 6 in the above list for the duration of the event and items 1 to 4 in the above list when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress and provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
All participants involved with the event must wear a personal floatation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment
The exemptions apply from 7:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday 6 March 2021 within the waters of Lake Nagambie, specifically ‘the Bowl’, east of an imaginary line from the south west end of Young St heading in a south westerly direction to the north west point of Buckley Park.
The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to
David Roff – Director of Corporate Operations
Strathbogie Shire Council